Part-time position (1 position available)
Location: Savage, Maryland
Are you a friendly, detail-oriented, organized person with a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment and prides yourself on having creative problem-solving skills? Then this position may be for you!
We are a professional, rapid growth orientated, well-established, customer service driven importer and distributor of Granite, Marble, & other stone surfaces in the BWI, Maryland area.
You will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Accounting Department and working for the President of the company. You will be responsible for performing basic accounting and data entry functions for the company including ensuring the accuracy of data being entered in the Accounting software and Inventory software. The ideal person for this position is detail-oriented, strong organization skills, self-motivated, highly disciplined, and has the appropriate knowledge of laws relating to accounting.
- Ensures that all Accounts Payable Invoices are input into the system for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accuracy and proper approval for all accounts payable invoices.
- Ensures payments are properly applied in both systems and any applicable excel sheets.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations of bank and Line of Credit accounts.
- Reconciles credit card statements monthly and ensures timely payment is made to avoid finance charges.
- Reconciles monthly gas statement and ensures it is paid timely.
- Schedules online payments and enters autopayments into QuickBooks in a timely manner.
- Reconciles Sales tax payments to be made and files and makes payments monthly or quarterly as needed.
- Performs all month end and quarterly KPI reports
- Preforms weekly AR Collections and Weekly cash position report for the Presidents review.
- Ensures daily deposits are made, serves as a backup to Accounts Receivable for deposits
- Calculates timecards for semi-monthly payroll.
- Requisitions office and related supplies for the whole company as needed.
- Preforms petty cash reconciliations for all sales reps monthly.
- Ensures proper and timely filing of all documents.
- Serving as a back up to the Import Analyst in tracking, scheduling, and entering shipment information into various spreadsheets and inventory software.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent with continued education in Bookkeeping and/or Finance.
- 2 years’ work experience in bookkeeping preferably in a distribution or supply company
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and data entry, required
- Focused and detail-oriented for accuracy.
- Excellent time-management, organization and problem-solving skills to meet deadlines.
- Expert in Quickbooks Accounting Software, required.
- Excellent professional communication skills with customers, employees, and management.
- Able to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Exhibit strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain Company confidentiality.
- Ability to clearly speak, read, and write the English language is required;
- Able to perform mathematical computations accurately.
- Reliable transportation and attendance
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free work place. This position is full-time, ~45 hours a week, with paid overtime.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible, after an initial 90-day probationary period, for a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) retirement, paid vacation, 7 paid holidays a year, and various AFLAC insurance packages.
If you consider yourself capable of the requirements of this position, please send your resume along with salary requirements to: Danielle Batdorf at email@example.com.