Pay Range: $19-21 an hour (based on experience)
Professional, rapid growth orientated, well-established 11-year-old customer service driven Granite, Marble & Natural Stone distributor in the BWI, Maryland area needs your overall CDL truck driving expertize and broad-spectrum truck hauling experience. To perform and meet the load schedule and assigned route multi-deliveries in an efficient and safe manner and developing outstanding customer delivery relationships. The company delivers materials to Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia, DC area and Pennsylvania.
This position has total responsibility for providing and/or delivering of their individual hauls/routes. In addition, if you have exceptional and safe driving skills, production proficiency and customer service skills, a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment that prides itself on exceptional customer service and creative problem solving skills, you may qualify for this position. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Completes route as assigned, as quickly as possible without breaking the rules of the road (Laws);
- Deliver and/or pick-up, material that are needed at the job sites per the manifest;
- Deliveries do not include overnight deliveries;
- Strap a load on a flatbed truck
- Ensures that truck is loaded with items/material that has been properly labeled;
- Able to follow maps/instructions to locate job/delivery site or vender’s facilities;
- Completes documentation of pickups/drop-offs accurately and keeps log of all time;
- Performs all general and preventative maintenance on delivery truck and company equipment during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels.
- Obeys all rules of the road, safety rules and regulations.
- Cheerfully greet and talk to Customer’s and/or Vender’s employees;
- Other functions as directed by management.
- Know, understand and comply with all DOT, state, local and company regulations;
- Pre-and Post-Trip Inspections for truck and complete daily logs;
- Responsible for ensuring your truck is road-worthy prior to leaving the yard and/or job-site at all times and work directly with mechanic to guarantee any repairs needed are made to the vehicle prior to leaving the yard;
- Adhere to company safety policies, actively participate in job-site and safety meetings as required and all Company related training;
- Follow direction of the Warehouse supervisor with regards to daily production schedule and activities;
- Operate trucks to transport materials and assist in light maintenance of your truck;
- SAFETY: Must follow company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as, all DOT regulations. All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all safety guidelines at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to operate vehicles and trailers in a safe manner, in compliance with local, state and federal traffic laws;
- Must be able to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment in a variety of different situations;
- Must be able to climb, bend, and kneel to get in/out and around truck/trailer without issue.
- Enhancing the image and reputation of the Company;
- Minimum of 3 years Class A or B driving;
- Must be able to lift in excess of seventy-five – (75) pounds;
- Must have the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Must understand enough math to verify manifest, quantities, and weights;
- Must be able to read English well enough to read and understand road signs; instructions, manifest, routes, and other paperwork;
- Must be physically capable of loading and unloading trucks;
- Must be able to operate the hand cart, forklift truck or other heavy-duty equipment;
- Must have excellent eyesight and depth perception;
- Must have a current and valid State of Maryland driver’s license. You cannot have more than two points on your DMV driving record;
- Must have experience driving in icy and other winter conditions, plus rain, fog and high winds at other times of the year;
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record with no charges at or above serious misdemeanor status and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check;
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition a fun, fair and honest environment, we offer a very competitive compensation package as well as an 9 – 10 hour work day, and the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our Company. If you consider yourself capable of the requirements of this position, please submit a resume and cover letter here. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email to schedule a preliminary phone interview.