Are you a friendly, detail-oriented, organized person with a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment and prides yourself on having creative problem-solving skills? Then this position may be for you!
We are a professional, rapid growth orientated, well-established, customer service driven importer and distributor of Granite, Marble, & other stone surfaces in the BWI, Maryland area.
You will be responsible for managing and tracking the shipment and receiving process of all purchased materials including compiling all needed paperwork, calculating fees, overseeing the inspection of material, photographing and uploading data of the new arrivals, as well as photographing and sending problem reports, when needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Purchase Manager in the purchase process of goods and importing logistics of containers;
- Compile and review documentation necessary for importing of goods ensuring compliance with law;
- Ensure customs clearance process runs at appropriate time;
- Ensure maximum profitability for the organization on the importing process;
- Communicate arrival of containers to sales department and warehouse staff;
- Document inspection performed by warehouse staff of material received, recording entries in different control systems;
- Prepare claim reports in the case of damages in received materials;
- Take, edit and upload pictures of incoming products;
- Update and maintain all required importing reports and inventory controls.
- 1-year of importing experience
- 1-year freight forwarding of natural stone slabs experience preferred but not required
- Associate’s Degree in either Logistics or Business is required. (A combination of college level courses and equivalent industry experience may be substituted for the degree)
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills required
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under pressure and within demanding time constraints
- Ability to clearly speak, read, and write the English language is required;
- Bilingual and able to read, write & speak Spanish/Portuguese proficiently, preferred
- Knowledge in one of the following preferred: road and ocean movements, goods security training, customs documentation and procedures, warehouse, office and transport procedures, shipping and trucking schedules, freight tariffs and rates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent numeric skills required
- Knowledge and interpretation of commercial documents require;
- Excellent attention to detail, with outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Team-work oriented but also able to work independently
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition, a fun, fair and honest environment, we offer a very competitive compensation package as well as an 8/9 hour work day and the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our Company. If you consider yourself capable of the requirements of this position, please click here to send your resume.