Full-time position (1 position available)
Location: Savage, Maryland
In Gramaco Granite and Marble we stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives. In the role of Sales Manager, the right candidate will support our sales team in the Search, Commerce and Apps verticals. Working hand-in-hand with the CEO’s Vertical Leads (senior leaders in our Global Partnerships organization), the candidate will support the development of Gramaco’s approach to working with our partners in those sectors globally, understanding their priorities, developing strategies and approaches to earn their trust through our actions, and deepening Gramaco’s relationships with these partners at all levels.
Sales Operations is the global team that ensures Gramaco’s complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, build and maintain good relationship with product suppliers, including but not limited to responding to offers, receiving supplier visits and visiting suppliers;
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs;
- Develop plans to acquire new customers and clients through direct sales techniques, cold calling, and business to-business marketing visits;
- Research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, quality and delivery schedule;
- Select product, negotiate pricing, terms and shipment schedule with suppliers, and approve pro forma invoices;
- Monitor levels of incoming products and available inventory against product demand to detect replenishing needs;
- Liaise with accounts payable to determine and update monthly budget for material purchases, and to ensure timely payment of products;
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability;
- Collaborate with In-House Manager to establish sales objectives, and to develop periodic sales quotas for in house support and outside-sales representatives;
At least 2 years of proven experience in Trade/Business/Management/Economics field, expertise in stone surface industry. BS in Trade/Business/Management/Economics or other related.
Proven knowledge of attributes, nature and variety of colors of granite, marble and soapstone;
Proven knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks and StoneProfit.
To be determined at the job interview.
Please submit a resume and cover letter here.