Full-time position (1 position available)
Location: Savage, Maryland
Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
Are you a friendly, detail-oriented, organized person with a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment and prides yourself on having creative problem-solving skills? Do you have experience with QuickBooks and Excel? Can you think on your feet and provide solutions to issues that arise? Then this position may be for you! This position reports directly to the owner of the company.
Main Responsibility Categories:
Accounts Payable and Receivable
Accounts Payable Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Processes all bills from vendors and suppliers from invoice through payment
- Performs ALL reconciliations needed.
- Has an understanding of General Ledger Accounts and Journal Entries that need to be made.
- Reconciles & Files Sales tax payments.
- Performs all month end and annual reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports/documents for annual taxes.
- Ensures proper and timely filing of all accounting documents.
- Updates Accounting Procedures binder as needed and on a continuing basis.
- Requisitions office and related supplies for the whole company as needed.
- File documents when needed and keep it organized.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Receives payments in the billing system.
- Preforms the daily deposit to the bank for all money received.
- Communicates with customers about billing discrepancies and questions.
- Engage management over any AR problems encountered.
- Support the A/R department with weekly reports.
Human Resource Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Updates and calculates timecards for semi-monthly payroll in excel for the owner to process payroll.
- Keeps appropriate documentation electronically as well as in a physical folder and ensures I9s are kept up to date on all employees and separate from other employee files.
- Keeps control of Health Insurance contract and employees’ enrollments.
- Answers employee questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Keeps track of employees’ time off requests and submitting them to the appropriate backups for approval prior to time off being taken and final approval being given.
- Formulates contracts on an as needed basis between employees and the company, as asked by the owner.
- Updates Job Descriptions and ensures every employee receives an evaluation at least annually.
- Understands laws regarding human resource matters.
- Recruits new employees as needed through the entire process (from help wanted ad placement to hire and first day onboarding).
- Updates Human Resource Procedures binder as needed and on a continuing basis.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent with continued education in accounting.
- 2 years’ work experience in AP and AR.
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and data entry, required.
- Expert in QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Good knowledge of ADP payroll system.
- Ability to clearly speak, read, and write the English language is required.
- Able to perform mathematical computations accurately.
- Reliable transportation and attendance
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. This is an hourly position (42.5 hours a week minimum) Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM, with half an hour unpaid lunch each day.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) retirement, paid vacation, paid sick days, 5 paid holidays a year, and various AFLAC insurance packages after an initial 90-day probationary period.
If you consider yourself capable of the requirements of this position, please send your resume along with compensation requirements.